Thursday 26 May 2011

The good news

A little while ago, I attended a tea in support of an Israeli institution for young women. I approached the principal of the school who was the guest speaker at the event. I asked her for a blessing for a member of the family who was undergoing some medical tests. She calmed me down with her encouraging words and told me that I should promise to donate to her institution when I hear good news. She showered me with blessings and I felt relieved and more at peace.
Today I found out that the results of the test were very reassuring and there was no need for any medical intervention. I was very excited and remembered to call the prinicpal with the good news.
She told me, "I give blessings to many people but so few people call me to report back to me when there is good news. You are special."
Let's remember to call the person whom we burdened with our worries if our problem gets resolved. We thought enough of them to confess our anxieties to them and listen as we tearfully spoke to them when things weren't going well in our lives. Let's think enough of them to impart good news, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment